In the Media
Jake Towne, a Lehigh Valley native and Lehigh University graduate from Nazareth who spent the past four years in Shanghai, China, as a chemical engineer in the semiconductor industry, declared his candidacy in May 2009 for United States Congress in the 15th District which covers Northampton, almost all of Lehigh, and parts of Berks and Montgomery counties.
Running without a political party affiliation as a true independent, Towne’s message is that by protecting individual liberties, defending economic freedoms and promoting peace, the end result is prosperity. Towne favors a restoration of the Republic and a return to the rule of law per the United States Constitution and believes the integrity of our dollar currency is a critical and pressing issue.
Towne also plans to implement a novel “Open Office” method of open government if elected. The heart of this idea is an online public forum belonging to residents who could comment and offer opinions on legislation, submit bill proposals, and reports phone and letter feedback. His campaign website, TowneForCongress.com, has debate and discussion features enabled for any visitors.
Please direct all media inquiries to email@example.com and refer to the Bio tab for more information on his biography, motivation in running for office, and resume.
Below is a list of prior media article concerning the campaign. Click on the links for more details.
- April 10, 2010 – Challengers Town Hall Forum at LCCC by Steve Urbanski of Examiner.com. Also in the Times Leader
- April 7, 2010 – Press Release: “Towne for Congress Nearly Doubles 2009 Fundraising Total in First Quarter“
- April 1, 2010 – “The Tea Party and Choosing Choice Candidates” by Joe Wolverton II of The New American
- April 1, 2010 – “Grassroots Movement Could Help or Hurt GOP in November” by Eric Boehm of PA Independent.
- March 27, 2010 – “Could tea party candidate hurt Dent?” by Scott Kraus of the Morning Call.
- March 20, 2010 – Campaign passes 1,000 signatures for ballot access
- *** March 16, 2010 – Towne appears live on Russia Today talking about accountability and foreign policy.
- *** March 15, 2010 – “Running on a Shoestring Budget” by Scott Kraus of the Morning Call. Made the front page!!!
- March 12, 2010 – “Independent congressional candidate Jake Towne kicking off petition drive” by Lynn Olanoff, Express-Times
- March 7, 2010 – “Towne presents alternative in the 15th district” – Letter to the Editor, Morning Call
- February 27, 2010 – “If you like the status quo, don’t vote for Jake Towne” – Letter to the Editor, Express Times
- February 22, 2010 – “Potential spoiler needs signatures first” by Donald Hoegg of PA2010.com
- February 21, 2010 – “Towne’s candidacy offers an alternative to the big parties” – Letter to the Editor, Express Times
- February 15, 2010 – Press release with reply to John Callahan and Charlie Dent on High Electric Bills
- February 13, 2010 – Open Letter to Congressman Charlie Dent on HR 4061, the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act
- February 5, 2010 – Press Release stating why challenger John Callahan is clueless on job recovery
- *** February 3, 2010 – Third interview appearance with Judge Napolitano of FOX News’ Freedom Watch
- February 2, 2010 – Interview with local news host Bobby Gunther Walsh of WAEB AM 790 (Audio not available)
- February 2, 2010 – Towne for Congress releases “Common Sense Fixes the Job Market” to the local press
- January 28, 2010 – On the front page of the Morning Call in “In Race for Congress, Jobs Also a Top Issue” by Scott Kraus
- January 26, 2010 – Towne for Congress places a half-page ad in the Express Times newspaper. See it here!
- January 26, 2010 – A GOP Poll places Towne for Congress at a “stunningly high 8%” with more than 9 months to go! By Scott Kraus of the Morning Call
- January 25, 2010 – A recent Club for Growth press release on health care is reviewed by Kenneth Petrini, Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner in “PA’s 15th District and Health Care“
- January 22, 2010 – “PA 15th – Jake Towne Announces Support for Currency Parity” by Kenneth Petrini, Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner
- January 21, 2010 – Press Release: Towne Announces Support of HR 4248, a sound money bill.
- January 11, 2010 – Press Release: “Health Care Solutions” is published by the campaign
- January 11, 2010 – Towne for Congress publishes a half-page ad in the Morning Call newspaper. See it here!!
- January 10, 2010 – Featured by Libertarian Patriot’s blog
- January 8, 2010 – PARevolution.com publishes the campaign’s questionnaire results here.
- January 6, 2010 – An honorable mention by Mish Shedlock, who first endorsed the campaign on November 11th, 2009
- January 3, 2010 – Letter to the Editor in the Morning Call on Health Care
- December 28, 2009 – Letter to the Editor in the Express Times on Health Care
- December 16, 2009 – “Candidates Address the Economy“ by Kenneth Petrini, Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner
- December 13-15, 2009 – Profiled in a three-part series by Kenneth Petrini, Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner for Examiner.com. PART ONE PART TWO PART THREE
- *** December 13, 2009 – Featured side-by-side with the Republican and Democrat challengers in the Opinion section of the Morning Call with a 500-word essay on the economy
- December 11, 2009 – In ‘Learning from the “Wacky Fringe”‘ Kenneth Petrini, Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner for Examiner.com considers my campaign while taking a close look at the failed political system of Dems and Reps.
- On December 9, 2009 – Jake’s article “The Government’s “War” on Main Street” was the #1 ranked News article on Current.com, Al Gore’s media website. The article also appears at CampaignForLiberty.com and at PrisonPlanet.com among many others.
- November 23, 2009 – “Congressional Hopeful Schedule ‘Towne’ Meeting” by Scott Kraus of the Morning Call
- November 15, 2009 – “A Health-y Debate” by Scott Kraus of the Morning Call newspaper
- November 12, 2009 – “Constitutional Candidates for Congress” – Jake is featured on the front cover of The New American, a print magazine with national distribution. The PDF can be viewed or downloaded from the bottom of this article.
- November 11, 2009 – “Sound Money Candidates Running for Congress” The campaign is endorsed by Mish Shedlock who runs a very popular investment blog.
- *** November 9, 2009 – “Full Interview with Judge Napolitano on FOX’s Freedom Watch: The Independent Movement” – The campaign goes national! I discuss the Our Open Office concept and the failed “two-party” system with the Judge.
- November 9, 2009 – “Health Care – One Dent Opponent Responds” – by Kenneth Petrini, Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner for Examiner.com
- October 28, 2009 – FOX Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano – Part of a 4-member panel discussing “just war” and the economy at Drexel University with the Student Liberty Front
- October 7, 2009 – “Tea Party Candidates Ranked by Tea Party Slate 2010.” Ranked #8 out of 44 candidates.
- September 4, 2009 – “Jake Towne of Lower Nazareth Township running as independent against U.S. Rep. Charlie Dent” by Bevin Theodore of the Express-Times, a major local newspaper.
- September 2, 2009 – Announcement as a 912 Candidate.
- August 16, 2009 – “Running health care is not a duty of the federal government.” Featured Town Square editorial in the Morning Call by Jake Towne.
- July 21, 2009 – “Nazareth native to run as independent against Dent for congressional seat” by Josh Drobnyk of the Morning Call, a major local newspaper.
- July 10, 2009 – “Operation Clean Slate” by Shelly Roche of ByteStyle TV. Chosen as one of 5 select liberty candidates.
- June 9, 2009 – “Ron Paul: The Next Generation by Liberty Maven.”
- May 1, 2009 – “MAYDAY! Jake Towne for U.S. Congress, Pennsylvania 15th District.” The campaign’s first announcement!
Below: Front and center of the November 2009 front cover of The New American, a print magazine with national distribution