The Morning Call devoted a half page elaborating why they are barring my campaign from their debate. The article did not address 1) why the Morning Call first offered myself an invite which I accepted back in June, then rescinded this offer and 2) the deficiencies in the poll, which are highlighted here.
While I do respect an organization’s ability to invite or not invite candidates to their events, it is saddening to see this in a “free” press. However, it is important to remember that regardless of the skewed poll, what is apparent is the campaign has a lot more work to do to get the message out. I was invited by the Morning Call to take part in a live internet chat event next month, which I of course agreed to. There is a debate on Friday in Allentown, feel free to come out and attend!!
The campaign’s update debate schedule is below:
- Delta Kappa Gamma/League of Women Voters Candidate Forum, this Friday, September 24th, 2010 at Cedar Crest College, 6-9 PM, Harmon Hall of Peace in the Miller Family Building (#15) next to Lees Hall at Cedar Crest College. Campus Map. Google map to the college at 100 College Drive, Allentown, PA 18104. Open Q&A from public. 6 PM doors open, 6:30 PM coffee/tea/desserts, 7 PM debate starts.
- Tea Party of the Lehigh Valley Candidates’ Night, Monday, October 4, Penn’s Peak in Jim Thorpe, 6 PM. 325 Maury Road, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229-2811. Directions. I will probably be speaking around 7:00 PM.
- WFMZ-69 Debate to be televised live, October 13 on WFMZ-69, 8 PM.
- Morning Call Debate on Thursday, October 14th. Towne for Congress is BANNED from this event!!
- Nazareth Area of Commerce Debate on Monday, October 18th, from 9:30-11 AM. Tickets are necessary for breakfast, see www.nazarethchamber.com. Location is Rt 22 and 512 at the Best Western.
- Pen Argyl Area Concerned Citizens Debate, Wednesday, October 20, evening, exact time/place to be announced.
- De Sales University Debate, Thursday, October 21, 7:30-9 PM in Center Valley, PA. Located in the Commonwealth Room in the University Center (Building #48 in this map). Open Q&A from the audience.
- Express Times Debate, Monday, October 25 at the State Theatre in Easton, 7 PM. Open to public.
- Northampton Community College, October 28, 11 AM, Place to be announced
Thanks to everyone who read and called into the media! Supporters are still encouraged to write a letter to the editor to the Morning Call or Express-Times on this subject or even just that I am the only candidate who has pledged to stop the endless wars and endless debt, plus has the ideas that will work to solve the unemployment problem. If you would like a yard sign, please leave your name, address, and phone number here.
From today’s Express-Times (all three letters here)